LecturerB.Pharm. (Hons.), World University of Bangladesh; M.Pharm. State University of Bangladesh; PhD Fellow, Jahangirnagar University
I have completed my graduation from World University of Bangladesh with CGPA 3.90 out of 4.00 and post graduation (Thesis) from State University of Bangladesh with CGPA 3.69 out of 4.00. My thesis title in the post graduation was “Phytochemical and Biological Investigations of Roots of Clerodendrum viscosum”. I have been working as a Lecturer in the Department of Pharmacy, World University of Bangladesh. I was appointed as Junior Lecturer on 20th November 2014 and have been promoted to the post of lecturer. I attended in “International Conference on the Ethnopharmacology”. Participation in the project on the “Evaluation of Ranitidine HCl Tablets Available in the Local Markets” was the great opportunity to know the quality standard of the Bangladeshi medicinal products. 1. I have completed five weeks “In-Plant Training” from The ACME laboratories Ltd. in 2014 2. Two weeks industrial training in Medimet Pharmaceuticals Ltd. I attended international conference on the Ethnopharmacology in the University of Dhaka.
- One and half year research experience on the natural products in the Phytochemical Research Laboratory, State University of Bangladesh under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Shafikur Rahman.
- Supervising thesis and project work of B. Pharm Students from 2015
1. Babar, Z.U.M., Azad, A.K., Sulaiman, W, M. A.W., Uddin, J., and Labu, Z.K. 2018. Neuropprotective Properties of Nigella Sativa (L.) Seeds Extract in SPrague Dawley Rats Model. Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 17(1), 113-121.
2. Joly, S., Uddin, J. and Labu Z. K. 2016. Bioactivities of methanolic extract of Clerodendrum viscosum roots naturally growing in Bangladesh. Pharmacologyonline, vol.1: 44-52.
3. Uddin, J., Islam M. N., Ali M. H., Khan S. A. and Labu, Z. K. 2016. Correlation of Thrombolytic and Membrane Stabilizing Activities with Total Flavonoid Content Aerial Parts of Spondias pinnata. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal 19(1): 48-52.
4. Uddin. J., Biswas. A. J. and Labu. Z. K. 2018. In Vitro Assessment of Butea monosperma (Lam.) Leaves: Thrombolytic, Membrane Stabilizing Potentials and Total Phenolic Content. The Natural Products Journal, 8, 1-8.
5. Laboni, F. R., Karim. S., Uddin, J. and Labu, Z. K. 2016. Bioactivities and Chemical Profiling of Sesbania grandiflora (L.) Poir. Leaves Growing in Bangladesh. Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences,15(2): 173-176.
6. Samira, K., Uddin, J., Laboni, F. R., Labu, Z. K. 2017. Qualitative and quantitative biological analysis of leaves of Sesbania grandi?ora . Journal of Coastal Life Medicine, 5(3): 104-108.
7. Uddin, J., Bishwash, A. J. and Labu, Z.k. 2017. Preventive activities against thrombosis and inflammation of Butea monosperma (Lam.) leaves methanolic extract in vitro model. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF RESEARCH IN MEDICAL SCIENCES, VOL 2, NO. 1, PAGES 58–65.
8. Uddin, J., Karim, S., Gain, D., Hassan, M., Julie, A.S. and Labu Z. K. 2017. In vivo hypoglycemic, antinociceptive and in vitro antioxidant activities of methanolic bark extract of Crataeva nurvala. Journal of Coastal Life Medicine, 5(11): 496-500.
9. Rashid, M.H.O., Alam, A.H.M.K., Uddin, J., Karim, N. and Sadik, M.G. 2017. Purification and Properties of α-N-Acetylgalactosaminidase from Hilsha Fish. Journal of Scientific Research, 9(2).
10. Uddin, J., Julie, A.Z., Ali, M.H., Islam, M.N., Khan, S.A. and Labu, Z.K. 2016. Antimicrobial, Thrombolytic, Membrane Stabilizing Activities and Total Flavonoid Content of Various Partitionates of Aerial Parts of Eclipta alba (L.) Hassk. Dhaka University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 14, No 2.
11. Ahmed, T., Bala, A., Uddin, J. and Labu, Z.K. 2016. Evaluation of Thrombolytic, Membrane Stabilizing, Antidiarrhoeal and Analgesic Activities of Leaves of Triumfetta pilosa. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal, 19(2): 226-232.
12. Labu, Z.K., Debnath, P., Uddin, J., Anjum, N., Sultana, N., Afrin, A. and Basir, S. 2013. Application of antimicrobial agents and its unwanted effects. International Journal of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences. IJCPS, Vol.1 (6): 418-426.
13. Karim, S., Kawsar, Md., Laboni, F.R., Julie, A.S., Uddin, J. and Labu, Z.K. 2016. Biological investigations of medicinal plants of Heliotropium indicum indigenous to Bangladesh. Journal of Coastal Life Medicine
14. Labu, Z.K., Makshud, M., Basir, S., Uddin, J., Biswas, S. and Sultana, N. 2013. Study of phytochemical screening, antioxidant, antidiarrhoeal and analgesic activities of hydromethanol extracts of Polyalthia suberosa (roxb.). Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2(3), 52-63.
15. Labu, Z.K., Debnath, P., Basir, M.S., Uddin, J., Anjum, N., Sultana, N., Biswas, S. and Sikder, K. 2013. Analytical appraisement of some commercially available brands of Metformin Hydrochloride Tablet in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Asian Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, Vol.1 (1): 47-52.
16. Joly, S., Uddin, J. and Labu, Z.K. 2016. Naturally Growing Medicinal Plant Clerodendrum viscosum in Bangladesh -Thrombolytic, Membrane Stabilizing and Anti-microbial properties. International Journal of Pharmacy Teaching & Practices, Vol.7, Issue 1, 2678-2684.
17. Labu, Z.K., Julie, J.S., Uddin, J. and Rahaman M.M. 2015. In-vitro Investigation of Antdiarrhoeal, Antimicrobial and Thrombolytic Activities of Aerial Parts of Peperomia Pellucida. Pharmacologyonline.
18. Rashid, M.H.O., Laboni, F.R., Islam, S., Uddin, J., Karim, S., Ali, M.H. and Karim, N. 2017. World Journal of Science and Engineering, 2(1): 71-80.
19. Jahan, K., Sultana, Z., Karim, S., Ali, M.H. and Uddin, J. 2017. World Journal of Science and Engineering, 2(1): 103-108.
20. Laboni, F.R., Batul, U.K., Islam, S., Hossain, P., Rahman, M.M., Uddin, J., Karim, N. and Rashid, M.H.O. 2016. Phytochemical Screening, Antibacterial, Thrombolytic and Anti-inflammatory activities of Stem and Root Extracts of Basak, Adhatoda vasica. World Journal of Science and Engineering, 1(1): 55-63.
21. Karim, S., Hossain, F., Uddin, J., Bhuiyan, M.A. and Rashid, M.H.O. 2016. World Journal of Science and Engineering, 1(1): 39-45.
22. Laboni, F.R., Batul, U.K., Uddin, J., Karim, N., Labu, Z.K. and Rashid, M.H.O. 2016. Antioxidant, cytotoxic, anti-diuretic and sedative effects of stem and root extracts of Basak, Adhatoda vasica. World Journal of Science and Engineering, 1(1): 31-38.
- Registered Pharmacist (A-4637) of Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh.
- Member of Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Society (BPS).
- Member of Pharmacy Graduate’s Association (PGA).
- Member of World University Pharmacy Club (WUPC).
- Member of Bangladesh Pharmacist Forum (BPF)